March 14, 2012

Lemper Ayam

Lemper ayam is one of my favorite snack since i was a kid. My mom oftenly put this in my snack box during my years in the elementary. I decided to make it by my own recently because i miss this snack and my hubby also already asked me many times to make it for him.

Lemper Ayam ( Sticky Rice With Chicken Filling )


Ingredients:
A whole piece of banana leave

For Glutinous rice:
250 gram glutinous rice
250 cc coconut milk
1 pieces of salam leaves( bay leaves )
2 stalk of lemon grass, smashed
1/2 tsp of salt

For Filling:
2 pieces of chicken fillet - boil and shred
2 pieces of salam leaves ( bay leave )
4 pieces of kaffir lime leave
100 ml coconut milk
1/2 tbsp tamarind juice
1.5 tbsp vegetable oil

Spice Paste:
6 cloves of shallot
3 cloves of garlic
3 pieces of candle nut - panbroil
1 tbsp coriander - panbroil
1 tbsp sugar

Methods:

For Glutinous Rice:
Soak the glutinous rice for 2 hours, wash and drain.
Steam it for 15 minutes. Take it out from the steamer and set aside
Boil coconut milk, salam leaves, lemon grass and salt until boiling. Add in glutinous rice and cook it with low heat until the coconut milk absorbed by the glutinous rice. Set aside.

For Filling:
Stir fry spice paste until fragrant then stir in coconut milk, shredded chicken, salam leaves, kaffir lime leaves and tamarind juice until cooked and no more left coconut milk. Set aside.

Finishing:
Prepare a square pan, grease it with oil. Place 1/2 of glutinous rice (make sure it covers the bottom of the pan) then spread in the filling - spread well. For the last layer, cover it with the remaining glutinous rice.
Steam it well. Cool it down before you cut it into square form. Wrap it with banana leave. 
Ready to serve.


I will post this as my first entry to Indonesia Food Party hosted by Yunita Rahmasari of Bonita's Cooking and Bento Wonderland and Monica Adriana of Mari Bermain di Dapur









No comments:

Post a Comment