July 12, 2013

Chocolate Speculaas Cookies


Speculaas is one of my favorites cookies. I love the taste, the smell of the spices in it. My mother in law gave me the speculaas roller stamp last year and I was very excited at that time. She told me that  she got it from her friend who stays in Holland. Thank you so much, mom.

Yesterday, I made Speculaas while waiting for my daughter to come home from her school. It turned out very easy to bake it and eggless too. I used the recipe from NCC recipe book which I twist a little bit and put cocoa powder in it.

So here is the recipe:

Canarium Nut Speculaas
Ingredients:
250 gr Cake Flour ( I change into 220 gr Cake Flor and 30 gr Cocoa Powder )
100 gr Palm Sugar
125 gr Butter
1 tbs Spekkoek Powder
2 tbs milk
50 gr chopped canarium Nut or almond or cashew nut

Direction:
1. Cream butter and sugar until mixed thoroughly, put in the flour, cocoa and other ingredients until the  dough can be rolled out.
2. Rolled out the dough around 3-5mm thickness, cut using desired cookie cutter. I used roller stamp for this. Put the cut dough on the cookies sheet. Don’t forget to put parchment paper on it.
3. Baked in 150 celcius degrees for 30 minutes ( Me: check after 20 minutes ). If already done, take out from the cookie sheet and put the cookies on the cooling rack.

Tips from me: Before doing Step 2, put the dough in the refrigerator until the dough easy enough to be rolled out.


Well, I’m a first timer using the roller stamp, so pardon me for the “not so good” shape..hihihi.. I need to have more date with it. :p


If you are curious about the roller stamp that I mentioned above, here is the picture: 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment