Recently Elaine doesn’t want to eat fruit again, so I have to make it into juice or ice cream. At first, I made blueberry juice for her but she only taste it a few spoon and she refused the rest. So, hopefully by making this blueberry ice cream, she willingly to eat more blueberries. ^^
Blueberry Ice Cream
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
½ tsp vanilla extract
350 gram Blueberries, make it puree
½ cup plus 3 tbs sugar
3 tbsp water
6 large egg yolk
1/8 tsp salt
1. Put milk, heavy cream and vanilla extract in the sauce pan, bring it just to a boil.
2. Stir together ½ cup sugar and water in a pan until boil and make deep caramel syrup
3. Whisk warm cream mixture to sugar mixture in a low heat, until sugar dissolve
4. Beat egg with 3 tbs sugar and salt until increase ¾ volume and thickened ( 6-8 minutes with hand mixer )
5. Put step 4 into the egg mixture and transfer it back to the sauce pan
6. Cook the mixture at moderate low heat and stir constantly until the mixture slightly thickened ( Do not let the mixture boil )
7. Strain the cooked mixture into a bowl, put blueberries puree. Whisk until the blueberries puree well blended. Cool the mixture in room temperature for 35 minutes, stir occasionally.
8. Put the ice cream mixture with the bowl in the refrigerator for 6 hours or over night.
9. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and put in the freezer for 6 hours.
10. Take out the ice cream, break the ice crystal using hand mixer. Repeat again until the texture become smooth.